Monday, July 6, 2009

Chard, Basil, Kale

Last week I uncovered the broccoli and carrots cuz they seemed to be getting squished. Some of the broccoli and some of the peas didn't make it, so I replaced those empty spots with basil and chard. Got the Kale in the week before that maybe?

We had some hot days last week and I forgot to water the sproutlings so we lost most of them. So sad, there were so many and they looked SO GOOD!! After a thorough watering a few things came back, so I hope we can get them in the ground, but it may be too late for them to grow big. hrm. This was pretty ambitious of us to plant so many things this year. I just hope what we do have in grows well...

Oh, and I planted some of the basil in pots on the porch before the rest got dried out and they are doing awesomely, getting huge! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment